I welcome 31, and the blessings that God is going to bring with it. I can't promise that it will be a year without struggle, but it will be a year in which God leads our family in (yet another) new direction. And along this journey called 31, I choose to focus on the blessings, not the burdens!
In an attempt to proactively focus on God's blessings, and intentionally spread a little joy (including a few sprinklings onto myself!) I created a list of 31 things that I would like to accomplish during my 31st year, before October 9th, 2013.
Without further ado, here's my 31 in 31 List:
- Write our love story.
- Get a new wedding ring that I'm not allergic to.
- Hit my goal weight of 150.
- Join the modern world and get an iPhone.
- Renew my vows.
Connect on a deeper level with each one of "my girls" at church.
- Reach 100 blog posts on The Colorful Ones.
- Make quiet times in God's word a part of my daily routine.
Avoid soda for an entire year(whoa - can I really do this?). not technically 'done' since it takes a whole year, but I've been soda-free since this post and have no intentions of breaking my streak!
- Visit a state that I haven't been to before.
- Take a fun mini-vaca with the family.
- Build (and maintain) an emergency savings fund.
Surprise my husband with an amazing gift.
- Learn to shoot a rifle or shotgun (I already shot a handgun).
Give like never before.
- Keep up a gym habit.
- Finish writing "The Accident" series, glorifying God for all He has carried us through!
- Get all of my old photo prints scanned.
Leave a $100 tip for a deserving waitress.
- Make a heartfelt, handmade gift for someone special.
- Find & attend a new marriage conference (the one we love isn't happening this year, BOO).
- Join a church planting team.
- Do something that scares me.
Save, and then spend, $1000 on something fun for our family. Paint accent wall(s)Hang colorful artwork in the new apartment that make me happy. (don't shoot me - I changed my mind... I want art and happiness all over my walls more than I want color!)
- Take Brianna on her first camping trip.
- Do a pinup shoot with Hilary Hope Photography.
- Create a home that is an oasis for my family.
- Ask Santa for an iPad (and get it!)
Purchase a piece of furniture that we love and need.
- Get family pictures taken that I love!
Do you have a bucket list, a 30 before 30 list, etc? I would love to see what your goals are. Leave me a note in the comments so that I can check out your life list!